2014#23 – The flared green shorts – Calções evasé verdes


Description: flared shorts with hip level seam, slant side pockets and side invisible zipper. 

Pattern: BurdaStyle July 2014 model 112 (traced size 38) 

Fabric used: Green synthetic crepe (unknown composition but I suspect polyester microfiber) 

--- 

Descrição: Calções evasé com costura ao nível da anca, bolsos de encaixe na diagonal e fecho invisível na costura lateral. 

Molde: BurdaStyle Julho 2014, modelo 112 (tracei o tamanho 38)
 
Tecido: Crepe verde de composição desconhecida (suspeito que seja microfibra de poliéster)

Project notes: I started this project about three weeks ago but I've put it on hold until last weekend due to some neck pain that I've been feeling. The fabric was cut; all I needed to do was applying the interfacing, do some thread tracing and stitch all the pieces together. The shorts came along very nicely, but, of course, there are a few details I’d like to point out. 

--- 

Notas do projeto: Comecei os calções há 3 semanas mas interrompi porque comecei a sentir algumas dores no pescoço. Neste fim-de-semana retomei-o e uma vez que o tecido já estava cortado, foi só aplicar entretelas, fazer as necessárias marcações e começar a coser. A confeção segundo as indicações da Burda decorreu sem problemas, mas há alguns pontos que gostaria de salientar.

The pockets do have a tendency to open up and the pocket bags show a little, falling out of place; I think this type of pockets was not the best choice for a model which is close fitting through the waist to the hip. 

--- 
 
Os bolsos abrem um pouco de lado e vê-se o forro; os sacos do bolso têm tendência a sair do lugar. Creio que este tipo de bolsos não foi a melhor opção para um modelo justo da cintura à anca.

The zipper insertion along the waistband and the side seam where the pocket is placed is doable, but you need to be very precise so every seam will line up perfectly, including the horizontal hip seam. 

--- 
 
O fecho no prolongamento do cós na costura lateral onde fica um bolso consegue fazer-se, mas potencia alguns problemas; é preciso coser com muita precisão para que todas as costuras fiquem alinhadas, principalmente do cós e da costura horizontal da anca.

Here’s the waistband on the wrong side along the zipper, sewn according to the instructions: 

--- 
 
Eis o aspeto do cós do avesso, ao longo do fecho lateral, confecionado de acordo com as instruções:

Finally, for this model, I strongly suggest faced hems, especially if the fabric is thin like the one I used; I interfaced the facings with lightweight knit interfacing. 

--- 

Finalmente sugiro que para este modelo usem guarnições na bainha, principalmente se usarem um tecido fino como o que eu usei. Reforcei as guarnições com entretela de malha fininha.

And that’s it, hopefully you’ll see me wearing these shorts sometime next weekend if you follow my wardrobe blog Tany et La Mode! Thank you so much for all your support and please forgive my lack of updates (my neck has been killing me and sewing makes it worst). Hugs to all!

---

E é isto, possivelmente terão oportunidade de me ver a usar estes calções no próximo fim-de-semana, se seguirem o meu outro blog Tany et La Mode. Muito obrigada pelo vosso apoio e perdoem-me a falta de updates por aqui, não é por falta de vontade de costurar!

7 comments:

Catdoesit said...

Sempre bom ver um novo post teu! Os calçoes ficaram super chique ;)

Vicki said...

Cute shorts! Love the colour :)

Mónica Martinho said...

O tempo não dá para tudo, isso já sabemos...

Apesar das falhas no molde os calções dicaram super giros e estou desejosa de os ver vestidos!

Bjs

Mónica

esther lara said...

Hi Tany, congratulations on this fine garment.
I have one question as I am now sewing something similar:
does the side zipper finish just at the hip horizontal line?


Kisses,

Tany said...

Hi Esther! Thank you! No, the invisible zipper finishes slightly above. I wouldn't finish it at the hip horizontal line or at the pocket end because the zipper insertion would be extra difficult that way, with the added bulk in the end.

Studio-CyG said...

Ola Tany
Este ano ganhei amor por este tom de verde agua,o detalhe do fecho invisivel junto no cós é fantastico adorei.
um bom fim de semana
A tua mini-tu deixa-te um beijinho tbm ;-)

Linda L said...

Your shorts are lovely. I understand neck pain, I have been dealing with my neck issues for over two years now. Sewing and cutting out patterns don't help, so I have to take frequent breaks to give my neck and shoulder a rest to keep away the pain. You know how we sewists are, wanting to keep on sewing and finish the project. I will check out your other blog to see you wearing these. They are really cute shorts.