Let’s talk about coats, shall we? – Vamos lá então falar de casacos

EN Summary: Today I’m sharing my “coat pattern wish list”; the coat patterns that I already own and plan on making this year (if I can manage the time and get a few minions to help me out). Keep reading to find out more! 

---

PT Sumário: Hoje tenho para partilhar a minha lista de casacos para fazer este Inverno, com moldes que já possuo (isto é, se tiver tempo e se, já agora, arranjar uns Minions - ou Mínimos em Português - para me ajudar). Continuem a ler para saber quais são!

EN: Everybody knows that I love coats. I lust over them, and coats are my favorite garment to make because if I am going to put my effort into making something, it better be something challenging and really worth it. I always look forward to cold weather because I can wear my coats… But I suffer from a strange affliction: I keep wishing for more coats, no matter how many coats I already own. There will be an upcoming article in which I will recall some of my “self-made legendary coats” but for now I wanted to share my coat wish list for this winter, starting with an easy one (because I also need instant gratification from time to time): Marfy 3178. I say easy because I plan on making it from red ponte knit which we all know it’s a very easy fabric to work with. I’m also considering making it unlined, leave out the cape and keeping the construction as simple of possible (seam binding would be the perfect seam treatment in this case). Click here for my source of inspiration. 

---

PT: Toda a gente sabe que adoro casacos. São a minha peça de roupa favorita e sempre anseio pelo Inverno para poder usar os meus casacos. Além disso adoro costurar casacos, pois se vou investir o meu esforço e tempo em alguma coisa, é bom que seja desafiante e grandiosa. No entanto tenho um pequeno problema: não há casacos que cheguem para mim, quero sempre ter mais. Um destes dias vou escrever um artigo relembrando os casacos mais emblemáticos que fiz, mas por agora quero é partilhar a minha lista de casacos para fazer este Inverno, começando com um fácil (porque de tempos a tempos também é necessário um projeto assim): Marfy 3178. Digo fácil porque tenciono fazê-lo de malha estável, que é um tecido muito fácil de trabalhar, e porque tenciono manter a construção a mais simplificada possível (sem a capa exterior, sem forro). Cliquem aqui para verem a minha inspiração para o casaco que tenciono fazer.

EN: I want to make another Cassock coat (Paco Peralta’s BCN Unique pattern), also in red, using a beautiful basket weave wool fabric from GorgeousFabrics.com. I plan on using black buttons, perhaps black wool flannel for the under collar and also customize the pattern a little (adding back and sleeve tabs, for example would be nice):

---

PT: Quero fazer outro casaco Cassock (moldes BCN Unique do Paco Peralta), também em vermelho, de um tecido de lã com textura que encomendei de GorgeousFabrics.com. Estou a pensar usar botões pretos, e também flanela preta para a parte de baixo da gola. Vou enriquecer um pouco o modelo com outros elementos (provavelmente presilhas atrás e nas mangas):

EN: While I was browsing Marfy’s website I found this other coat pattern, Marfy 2888. I have a wool tweed in apple green bought on eBay some years ago and also a piece of darker green faux fur from last winter for the stole (I have yet to open the pattern envelope and make sure the fur stole pattern is also included):

---

PT: Enquanto explorava o website da Marfy, encontrei este outro molde de casaco, Marfy 2888. Tenho uma fazenda de lã verde maçã comprada há anos no eBay e uma peça de imitação de pele (pelo) em verde musgo que seria ideal (ainda não verifiquei o envelope do molde, espero que inclua também molde para a estola):

EN: Vogue 1467 (a lovely design by Anne Klein, including the pants pattern) also caught my eye. I haven’t decided on the fabric just yet, but I can see this as a longer coat. I am a sucker for military style coats so I couldn’t pass on this one. There was a sew-along for this coat running on McCalls blog and on House of Pinheiro’s blog, definitively worth checking out; there's tons of information available if you want to make this coat!

---

PT: O Vogue 1467 (um modelo de Ann Klein que também inclui as calças) também me chamou a atenção. Ainda não decidi quanto ao tecido, mas acho que o faria comprido. Não resisto a um casaco estilo militar por isso este menino veio logo parar à minha porta, hehe! Houve um sew-along (género projeto de grupo com todos os tutoriais) deste casaco no blogue da McCall’s e também no blogue House of Pinheiro, vale bem a pena ir lá espreitar!

EN: Last but not least I am very intrigued by the Funghi Cape of BCN Unique patterns (Paco Peralta’s patterns), a beautiful and unique pattern. I think I will pick the shorter version. I also haven’t decided on fabrics just yet but I will recognize the right fabric when I see it (something like brushed wool perhaps,… I’d love it to be white).

---

PT: Por último, a Capa Funghi (também BCN Unique) despertou-me o interesse pela sua originalidade, e provavelmente farei a versão curta. Também ainda não tenho tecido para este projeto, estou à espera de encontrar o tecido perfeito (adoraria que fosse branco e com pelo, tipo lã escovada).
EN: Am I aiming too high? Will I be able to make all these coats before winter ends? I will make my best, I can promise you all that!

---

PT: Estarei a ter "mais olhos do que barriga"? Serei capaz de fazer estes casacos todos? A única coisa que posso prometer é que vou tentar!

6 comments:

O meu pensamento viaja said...

Que maravilha! Não tenho pretensão a tanto, mas a minha veneração é total.
Beijo da Nina

Tany said...

Muito obrigada Nina, Beijinhos!

Vicki said...

Good luck! That is a big list for a full time worker with a young child. You have chosen some lovely patterns so I hope you do get the time to make them.

Bunny said...

I hear you. I lust for coatmaking as well. I find it the most satisfying sewing, utilizing my skills to best advantage. Then there is the joy of working with wonderful wool fabrics, so compliant. I look forward to seeing you turn these out.

Andy Du said...

Uau! É uma colecção fantástica. Vai ser um inverno nada aborrecido e bem quentinho. Vou ficar coladinha a este blog. Não quero perder um único post.
Andrea

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

me to! coatmaking is my favorite. luscious wool, tailoring, I am in heaven. Those Marfy coats are both great and I am tempted by lots of the Marfy coat patterns, however I just decided to make a Burda coat pattern that I have been looking at for 3 years. coats in my dreams :) and it is just not that cold here, so I don't even get to wear them all that often. I look forward to seeing what you make.